WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe in the United States Constitution as the foundation upon which the world’s oldest Constitutional Republic was built; we believe it must be adhered to more than ever.
- We believe in the need for all Americans to reacquaint or educate themselves to the United States Constitution and its importance to our form of government, and our guaranteed freedoms and liberties.
- We believe in preserving the Judeo-Christian values upon which America was founded and to protect the freedom of all to worship in their own way.
- We believe Americans should be free from government interference to choose how to educate, embrace faith and raise a family.
- We believe in and reaffirm the Preamble to the Connecticut Constitution, which reads “The People of Connecticut acknowledging with gratitude, the good providence of God, in having permitted them to enjoy a free government; do, in order more effectually to define, secure, and perpetuate the liberties, rights and privileges which they have derived from their ancestors; hereby, after a careful consideration and revision, ordain and establish the following constitution and form of civil government.”
- We believe it is our duty as citizens to defend the sovereignty of the state of Connecticut and its citizens, particularly with regard to the Tenth Amendment* to the US Constitution, and to prevent and reverse the usurpation of such powers not delegated to the federal government.
- We believe the American way of life that embodies capitalism, free enterprise, entrepreneurism driven by inventiveness and creativity, and small business that is the backbone of the United States economy must remain unfettered from intrusive government interference.
- We believe in the individual citizen’s responsibility to help the needy and we support churches, faith based organizations and other non-profit organizations in leading this endeavor; we do not believe in a government nanny state.
- We believe in the open exchange of a broad range of ideas within our educational institutions and oppose the leftist agenda and propaganda currently permeating our public school systems and academia, and its smothering effect on open discourse.
- We believe in the rights of all Americans to pursue a happy, socially responsible, productive life with minimal government interference. To this end we will work to prevent and reverse the usurpation of State and citizen sovereignty by the federal government and Congress.
- We believe America is a friend to all who wish us no harm, but we are fiercely independent and have a core belief that our standards of government - life, liberty, freedom, and the pursuit of individual happiness - are goals for others to achieve. We must not compromise our values or relinquish our national sovereignty to foreign interests.
- We believe that a strong America is absolutely dependent on a strong forward-looking military, and we support unwavering commitment to the brave men and women who serve in our armed forces.
- We believe in protecting and maintaining America’s natural resources for future generations, while wisely using our natural resources to reduce or eliminate America’s dependence upon foreign, and often unfriendly, sources.
- We believe we must seek the election of candidates for state and federal office who best reflect these stated core values. We believe in exposing ineffective or corrupt politicians; this fight must be unending. When exposed, we must lead the charge to remove them from office through the electoral process.
*The Tenth Amendment states: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.